Thursday 15 October 2015

Decopatch jars.

I recently pulled out all of my Decopatch papers and glue and started looking for ideas of what to make. I saw some photos of jars covered with Decopatch and then used as a candle holder. I loved the idea and set about making some of my own. I raided our shed and my Gran's garage for jars (I'm not a jar expert but I think the bigger the jar the better. I would guess smaller jam jars wouldn't react well with the heat from the candles and might smash or crack eventually.)

Rather than just using one solid colour or pattern. I like to be more creative and use a variety of papers and make more complicated patterns (because I just like to make it hard for myself!) My first ideas were of a very Christmassy nature. I thought these would look perfect on our doorstep with the dark nights drawing in, or even just dotted about our house when we start to put up decorations. With Halloween just around the corner I also made a pumpkin jack-o-lantern jar, to put next to our real carved pumpkin.

Christmas Decopatch tea light holders.
Halloween Decopatch candle jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment